Office Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities summary
- Answers telephones, routes call, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty.
- Performs a variety of routine assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of copy machine; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for the unit.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the unit/department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Receptionist skills.