Mobile Baykeeper is looking for interns to support our fundraising efforts and gain real experience in the nonprofit sector!
To excel in this role, you need to have a strong work ethic, pay high attention to detail and dates, develop interpersonal skills, and be fluent in Microsoft Office. This opportunity is ideal for students interested in sales, fundraising, nonprofit management, and environmentalism.
While interning at Baykeeper you will:
- Learn how nonprofit fundraising works and affects other functions of the organization
- Learn how to create and implement a fundraising plan based on challenging, yet achievable goals and objectives
- Learn how to plan and execute fundraising campaigns across multiple platforms
- Learn how to steward gifts appropriately to strengthen relationships, build trust, and ensure memberships are renewed
- Gain experience and skills in managing major donor portfolios, grant portfolios, and CRM software
Your Responsibilities will include assisting the Development Team in:
- Executing fundraising strategies and campaigns
- Tracking and reporting on funds raised, expenses, membership, and grant deliverables
- Finding creative ways to thank donors
- Creating new income streams to defend water quality
Play a pivotal role in Mobile Baykeeper’s mission to defend and restore the health of Coastal Alabama’s waterways. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Or fill out the following form.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.