About the Role
Mobile Baykeeper is seeking a Community Engagement Director to lead our efforts in mobilizing communities across Coastal Alabama towards actionable change that positively impacts water quality and community well-being. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving engagement strategies, fostering relationships with community leaders, and guiding our team in achieving goals related to volunteer mobilization, government relations, and environmental education.
- Mobilize community members towards action that puts pressure on elected officials, industry leaders, and community leaders to make decisions to improve their communities, particularly regarding water quality’s impact on their lives.
- Lead Baykeeper’s community engagement team to reach desired goals related to volunteer engagement, government relationships, and environmental education.
- Build relationships of trust with leaders and members of fourteen Coastal Alabama communities. Understand the perspectives and needs of each community. Communicate what is learned to the Baykeeper team to aid in planning to address the needs.
- Listen, research, and identify community leaders or groups that have a disproportionate effect on outcomes from each community.
- Train and manage the Baykeeper team in community listening, organizing, profiling, and how to talk with community members for improved outcomes in each community.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Exhibit Baykeeper’s values of excellence, accuracy, responsibility, tenacity, and humility.
- Exhibit a passion for improving the health of the waters of coastal Alabama.
- Exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Experience organizing communities to take action.
- Experience building relationships of trust in a variety of contexts.
- Experience organizing details of events.
- Experience organizing people’s contact information.
- Experience public speaking.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience or ability to learn software used for communication and collaboration (Microsoft Office Suite, constituent relationship management software, task management software)
- Exhibit the ability to communicate clearly.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 5% retirement match.
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Generous paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
Play a pivotal role in Mobile Baykeeper’s mission to defend and restore the health of Coastal Alabama’s waterways. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or fill out the following form.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.